Community In-Home Health Services
Community Health Programs offer trained caregivers to keep seniors and disabled individuals in the comfort of their own homes. KVSS offers the following caregiver programs:
- Veterans Administration Caregiving Program: This program requires a referral from the VA.
- Lighthouse Program: Designed to help seniors in their homes, but whose income or assets disqualify them for Medicaid. There is a sliding scale fee.
- Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver Program (ADW): The Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver Program provides in-home and community based services to individuals 18 years of age and older who are medically and financially eligible. Medical eligibility is based on a functional assessment by a third party medical professional. Participants also are screened for financial eligibility.
- Medicaid Personal Care Program: The Medicaid Personal Care Program includes hands-on, in-home services which must include; personal hygiene, dressing, feeding, nutrition, and light housekeeping to those who are medically and financially eligible. Medical eligibility is based on a functional assessment by a third party medical professional. For financial eligibility information, please contact your local Department of Health and Human Resources office or request assistance from our staff.
- Creative Care Program: The Creative Care Program is specifically designed for the needs of the client for private pay and private insurance only.
Caregivers are trained in CPR, First Aid, and basic caregiving skills which include bathing, dressing, meal preparation, light housekeeping and necessary errands.